If Only - Chapter One

Samantha Aurner, an average teenager who's just got deeply in love with her best friend, Tyler. But She doesn't think she's worth it, even to love him one-sidedly..and suffers her from all burdens..and the hold-up. _Introduction, everyone!! xoxo_
Nashville, as ever now was a good weather of morning. Cuddling in the duvet, I was woken up by the high-pitched sound of an alarm that supposed to ring about half an hour ago..
I groaned, rolling over from lying prostrate and swung my hand aside to push it off. Instead I hit the edge of table which caused my hand a great deal of pain. "Ouch," I woke up in a jolt as the pain crept up my arm, and the sudden movement aches my head. I still had a few formulas of physics inside my head from last night. I even dream t of numbers and math matters. Ridiculous.

Soon, I realized today was Monday - Monday, bloody Monday. A day of demonic traffic, overwhelming hesitation, total boredom, and lots of homework's. And today, I'd have my assignment result as well - hope it would be a good one. Last time wasn't good enough for me, even my parents were ecstatic that my sheets were all almost filled with letter A - but that wasn't enough if you had a better, and higher will. Well, I was one who's been thought "nothing's impossible". Did you?
I wore my glasses hesitantly and glanced at my watch.
Oh, seven fifty five.
...
Seven fifty five?!!
"Crap!" I cursed. Last thing I knew, I was ready in five minutes and made my way down the stairs. I even forgot to say goodbye to Cheri, my pet - a snow white-furred hamster with big irresistible black eyes. I found her in a pet shop when I was at my grandma's in Alaska last Summer - a fuss cute little thing that captivated me as soon as I first saw her. Cheri was a good friend. She always gnawed my socks every time I left her uncaged in my room. I purchased almost three pairs of socks in a week just because of her tendency of..violence.

When I finally got down the stairs and found Mom and Dad in the living room, watching morning news. "Good morning, sleepy-head," Said Dad, without turning his gaze from the telly. My Dad ( he's called Dan) was an average employer, working in some publishing company. He often brought me the latest classic novels or movies - that should keep me updated. He was the most erratic, clown-like old man I had ever known. There's nothing about him but jokes. That should be part of his charm. And my Mom ( she's called Clore) was a great housewife who was managing our family investment - mini bar. It's called Lulls - a simple, stylish mini bar that sold any sorts of fries and hamburger. My mom was a cook expert. She often put her recipes on the menu bar - Our bar was well-known mostly because of her cooks, such as spicy chicken, stir-fry crab stick, grilled, red fin tuna tartare and lots. Also we served dry fruits from Bisley, Jersey's milk which kept in a low temperature (in order to keep it fresh and to devastate the germs as well), all kinds of soup and brochette. As I said - lots.

Back in time, they were all had dressed up neatly to start the day. My mom with a brown shirt and jeans, and my Dad with his dull gray-colored work suit along with unmatched tie hanging around its collar.

"Down, curly. Have a breakfast before you go," Said Mom. My mom looked pretty much like me - we had same blonde hair, same sharp blue eyes - except her short hair and laugh-lines. And my Dad? People said he reminded them of Chandler from "F.R.I.E.N.D.S" - only a bit older.

I glanced at the watch on the wall, and froze.
"Dammit!" I sprinted frantically trying to get my sneakers, and chugged a carton of milk which laid on the table afterwards.
"Whoa, chill - else you're gonna get choked up," Said Dad. I threw him a glare of disbelief and sternly said, "I'm certainly going to be late,"
"Well, you can just ask me for a ride - it's that simple," He rolled his eyes. I raised an eyebrow while exchanging glances with my Mom, "Yeah?"
My Dad shrugged lightly, "Not exactly,"
I felt my nose twitched as a reaction, "Well, thanks!" I said sarcastically. "Hey, don't blame me. I haven't got my first coffee this morning. And no, it's not because if I drive you to school I will probably meet your homeroom teacher in the way, Mrs. Cocks-"

"You mean Mrs. Cox," I corrected.
"Whatever - sounds no difference anyway. You know how much I hate her nasal voice - No fun," Said Dad.
Then, I'd have to use my bike. Usually I'd go by bus, but the bus might have been taken off about six minutes ago. This blue rusty bike I used to ride in my junior year, and as far as I remembered it still could run..normal.
"You okay? This bike seemed very...old," Said Mom, cringing.
"You mean worn out, wreckage," Dad added. We were in the garage, staring at my bike doubtfully. "Well, it's not like I have another choice," I glanced at my dad as he was grinning sheepishly at me. I started to climbed on it, and ride it as I said goodbyes to my Mom and Dad. Unfortunately, I lost my balance at the end of road and hit a pole, "Whoa!!"
Successfully fell and my ass hurts.

"Sam, honey! You okay??!" I heard my mom shouted meters away from my back.
"Yeah, outstanding!" I grunted.
* * *
So, bike to school. While all the pupils in school always showed up with their parents' Hammer, or their own shinny Volvo..well, at least a truck. And if they saw me though, the only thing which would possibly crossed their mind was..
Such a waste. Why put in so much unnecessary efforts by riding a bloody flaw-full bike when you can just ask your parents to give a ride or buy you a new one? - sick.
Okay. Maybe that was a little exaggerated, and that maybe they didn't care at all of what I did. Mostly because it was me - a no one. The school I was in was not any different with others - there will always particular groups, some special and some invisible. I was in the middle.

A route to my school had been my most favorite object to explore. I didn't know, perhaps because I liked to see people doing their daily routines, walking all decent in a suit, occasionally checked the time on their watch with briefcase in their hand, and some took a morning stroll with their dogs.

"Sam!" Someone called me. I knew this voice, the voice I had known very well these past four years rang through my ears like a chimes, clear and delightful. It must be Tyler, my neighbor and a best friend of mine since I was twelve. Suddenly, I had this typical grin creeping on my face. I forgot my assignment, the possibility that I was going to be late, and my weary legs from riding a bike so vigorously. I craned my neck to look at him, ready to clowning around with him, or at least to greet him back. But well, I didn't have such luck, because as I turned around and see, a smile on my face faded. Because sitting beside him was Julie Brenner, the hottest 'chick' as they called her in school. Beautiful, sexy, rich - all in one person, isn't that perfection? Auburn hair and rich green eyes, surely she had taken the entire stock of beauty. And oh, she was a Cheer Captain - that should make her permanently popular.

"Uh, hi, you two.." I greeted, looking at the space between us three, not directly at them. I regretted that I didn't comb my hair and just tugged it into loose pony tail this morning. Now this wavy blonde hair of mine was successfully went wild, perhaps looked like a bird's nest..almost.
The sight in front of me. I mourned at the fact that they actually fit together. No wonder there was no one condemned over their relationship.

I glanced at Tyler, and noticed his messy almond hair which made him looked almost irresistible. And his hazel eyes that I'd love so much to stare at every now and then. And Julie, beautiful as always wearing red halter top, short skirt which showing off her slender legs and thighs, and make-up on her flawless face - mascara, eyeliner, blusher, chap stick, and all cosmetic stuff I didn't even know which to put on where. Pathetic, much?
"What in the hell are you doing?" Asked Tyler. I frowned at him, wasn't it obvious what I was doing, like, right now?!

"Well, uh..as you can see; I'm riding a bike to school,"
He's got a frown deeper than me, "Intended to be late?"
I chocked, "What, no!"
"What, then? Just leave the bike and get in," He offered. Leave the bike? Was that really an option?
"No," Julie interrupted. And then finally she looked up at me,"there are lots of my stuff in the back seat, you can't sit there. Or anywhere," She added. Now that was not a surprise. I always had this suspicion, no, more like a theory that Julie never likes me - she detested my presence.

"If it's only because of your stuff, you can just put it aside so there'll be space for her to sit," Said Tyler.
"I won't do that. I have a better idea to just leave her here before we late. I mean, she already has that...thing to ride, so why bother?" Well, that hurts.
"Hey, Jules...baby, listen okay? She's my friend and-"
"And I am your girlfriend, so let's go," Julie snapped.
"Listen, I hate to interfere but...you're wasting time. Stop arguing and just...leave. I don't care, it's fine," I had to get out of here anyway, I couldn't stand her being with Tyler. She was just...rude.
"But, Sam.." Tyler looked at me almost begging but I motioned him his stubborn girlfriend. Guilty covered his eyes and annoyance, he bit his bottom lip.
"What are you waiting for? Jesus, Ty, can't you just start riding this freaking car?!"
Tyler threw me an apologizing look and I smiled at him as a sign for him not to be worried. Julie glanced at me, "Bye, Sam,"She said. I smiled back half-heartedly, "Yeah, see you soon,"

As they were off the way, I was staring at them from behind. Sitting motionless on my bike, I got misty eyes when I saw Julie kissing Tyler's neck and whispered something as he drove. I started to ride my bike again after a few seconds - furiously, I might add. I kept thinking things I shouldn't. I was acting like I was jealous. With who, exactly? Julie? As if I was in love with Tyler. Was I that insolent, I mean, what sort of idiot guy who'd possibly love me, or even care about me? I was just an average girl, almost boring. I had a wavy blonde hair which was not in a beautiful way, navy blue eyes and I wasn't hot at all with a funny glasses hung on my face. Real men in my life were only my Dad, My uncle Sean, and Tyler. Tyler and I used to be so close before he started going out with some girls. First was Noah, excellent actress from theater club. She was...highly arrogant. Tyler broke up with her after a few months - he couldn't stand any longer with her.

And it was Amanda coming after, she was a good girl and I sort of like her out of the others, but she shocked us lot by being knocked up by the other guy from different school. Sometimes, we just couldn't estimated people's fate. I was so furious with her at that time, but Tyler didn't care and could easily moved on - what a tough guy - he said it was just a fling, so to hell with her, now. And also Bridget, member of cheers, she was snobbish and they ended breaking up after a months. Yeah, she ain't worth it being with Tyler - I mean, she didn't mind sleep with a bartender only to get a free pass to get in the club and to see some infamous band. I didn't know what else, perhaps she had slept with all members of the band as well. Couldn't bare imagine it. And there are still lots of them - Sarah, Emily, and...god knows who else.

His currently girlfriend was Julie. They started going out four months ago and Julie had been monopolizing him the whole time since then. She was sticky and attached to him like a spoiled kid. Ever since they started going out, I had hardly seen him as much as before. Well, it wasn't like if she wasn't there I had more opportunity to talk to him, no. Because there were always lots of his friends who had always been around him and got in the way all the time. Now, tell me, I couldn't just go and join them - I was a stranger, and pretty much a nerd in their eyes, so they would probably spit on my face if I acted like one of them that I wasn't.

Still deep in my thoughts, I glanced at my watch and that's what made me snap. Snap worse than a bag of twiglets getting trampled by a bunch of mammoths. My mouth fell down the street, "Crap!" I cussed out loud and began to speed the bike with such craze.
* * *
The front gate was almost been closed. And I was cold-sweating with fear of being late. Late means detention, and God knows how much I detested detention. I could see Mr. Jo Goon our school's gate man and officer all at once lazily closed the gate. I couldn't help but scream.
"Ah, wait! Ya, Ahtjussi!" I sped the bike toward the gate. "No! No,no,no,no,no – don't close the gate!"
BANG!
Right at that time, before I was blacked out, I looked up at the striking sun, I saw blur. I didn't know where my glasses had strayed away. Mr. Jo Goon kept yelling at me with language I didn't understand, I guessed he was asking me if I was okay. "I don't understand what you're saying.." I moaned indistinctly even for my own hearing.

And that was when I passed out. I felt utterly sore...and worn out.

Tell me if you like it,
xoxo
   By mia cheri
Published: 4/29/2010